Progress Awards Scheme
The Progress Award Scheme is a progression of awards for new archers after completion of their Beginners’ Course. It can extend over an unspecified time period to suit individual needs and can be awarded to any age of archer. The awards will hopefully encourage and motivate new archers and recognise their achievements and progress within their club.
Clubs who wish to take part in the scheme can order badges from Archery GB by emailing the form below to firstname.lastname@example.org If your club wants to also award certificates, there is a pdf available below that can be downloaded.
- 5 colours of badge will be awarded – white, black, blue, red, gold. Badges will indicate Indoor or Outdoor.
- Separate badges will be awarded for Indoor and Outdoor shooting. (60 cm 10 zone Indoors, and 122 cm 5 zone Outdoors. In addition, clubs may shoot on an 80cm face, 10 zone scoring, metric distances).
- Indoor Compound shooting will be based on Inner Ten Ring scores.
- Certificates and badges will be awarded by clubs at each level.
- The standard for each colour will be set in line with that of Ladies/Junior Ladies AGB classifications – i.e. White standard is based on 3rd class – Gold is based on 1st class – with Black, Blue and Red graded in between.
- Badges to be awarded to 5 age groups – U12, U14, U16, U18, Seniors. Clubs may offer an Over 65 group, using U16 scores.
- No differentiation between genders.
- All colours of badges can be gained again at each age level or bow type, in any order.
- Find score requirements below.
- Archers will be required to shoot 3 dozen arrows in a single session to gain a qualifying score.
- Archers will be required to shoot 3 qualifying scores for each badge awarded.
- 6 Sighters are required as a minimum: extra Sighters can be allowed at the discretion of the club but a “start scoring point” must be indicated.
- More than one round can be shot in the same session/day.
- Only one badge can be awarded for each qualifying set of 3 rounds.